Friday, August 3, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/03/2018


The Cup of Chocolate, Pierre Auguste- Renoir, 1878

Daily Thoughts 08/03/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I started reading Factfulness last night.  I am reading about income distribution around the world.

I also started The Librarians Guide to Homelessness.  I am reading about how people become homeless and why homeless people like and feel safe in libraries.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I also spent some time looking for damaged material in the fiction area.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

I contacted Kurzweil Education about the cost of a Kurzweil reader and JAWS about the cost of screenreader technology for the visually impaired.

I am gathering some statistics for my monthly report.

I cleaned and organized my desk a little bit.

I also used Selectreads to create a list of popular African American fiction authors based on the bookmark which I had created earlier.

Web Bits


2018 Public Library Marketing Report

Commentary: The Public Library Was Never Just About Books


No comments: