Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/14/2018


Still Life with Statuette and Books, Samuel Peploe, 1923

Daily Thoughts 08/14/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Social Value Investing.  I am reading about an agricultural project in Afghanistan.  What makes this project interesting is that they don't just grow food, they also preserve food, create stores, and form farmers cooperatives to make sure the food is properly distributed and there are economic improvements.

I was at the Westchester Library System this morning discussing electronic resources with the Public Library Directors Association at the request of the director, Evania Thompson.  It was interesting.  We were discussing Mount Vernon Public Library's role for reference and as a library with a mezzanine.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

Right now, I am in the computer lab.

I spent a little time looking at the schedules.

I spent some time discussing programming with a colleague.

I also checked some oversize books.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class tonight in the computer lab.

Web Bits


At Boston Public Library, Art and Architecture Tours Really Stack Up

New York Public Library Is Now Lending Out Ties and Other Accessories for Job Interviews

New Educator Event at Sonoma Library

New Orleans Opens Last of 6 Libraries Destroyed By Katrina

No comments: