Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/01/2018

File:A portion of the bookcases set up in the eastern wing of the Bodleian Library, Oxford.jpg

A portion of the bookcases set up in the eastern wing of the Bodleian Library, Oxford, The Care of Books, Cambridge University Press, 1901


Daily Thoughts 08/01/2018

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I spent a little time looking at Book Apps.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Upcycle.  I am reading about renewables and how they can power clean manufacturing and food production.

I spent a little time in the computer lab today.

I put in two orders for books.

I spent some time looking through oversize material.

I also discussed scheduling with people and posted some events to Facbook.

I ordered two copies of The Write Road Our Time Our Writing for the library.  Diptimoy Roy who retired as a librarian from Mount Vernon Public Library wrote a piece in it.

There is a Beginning Programming in Javascript Part I class tonight in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I read some more of The Upcycle.  I am reading about how waste can be turned into phosphates, energy, nitrogen and fuel.  There are basically two components to recycling recovering materials like plastics, metals, or compost or turning materials into energy.

Web Bits


Seminole County Drops Idea of Privatizing Libraries

New York County Library System to Get Panic Button App

No comments: