Thursday, August 16, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/16/2018


The Comic Spirit, Rene Magritte, 1927

Daily Thoughts 08/16/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some of  The 5 Love Languages The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman.  This is a bestselling book on relationships and marriage.  This is the second time I am reading it.  It has a very positive message.

I am read some more of Social Value Investing last night as well.

I spent some time looking over our 2016-2017 New York State Library Construction Grant application.  I am looking at the application process right now.  I sat with several people last night and we discussed some improvements for the building.

I also looked at the 2017-2018 grant for library construction as well as the grant for elevator construction.  It is very different than progam oriented grants.

The book, Meditation Is Not What You Think Mindfulness and Why It Is So Important by Jon Kabat-Zinn has come in for me to read.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I am reading a copy of Library Journal.

I spent some time looking at the Diamond Comics July 2018 Bestseller list for graphic novels.

I spent the last three hours working on a grant for Library Construction.  It is an interesting challenge.  I think the majority of it will be ready tomorrow.

There is an Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint 2013 class tonight in the computer lab.

No comments: