Saturday, August 18, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/18/2018


The Tube Train, Cyril E. Power, 1934

Daily Thoughts 08/18/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I started reading Meditation Is Not What You Think Mindfulness and Why It Is So Important by Jon Kabat-Zinn.  I am reading the introduction.  There is a reminder that meditation is about paying attention.

I also read some more of Social Value Investing.  I am reading about portfolio theory.  I am also reading about how philanthropic investments have very long time scales.

I watched The 5 Love Languages with Gary Chapman on Hoopla Digital.  It is an hour long presentation.  It helped me understand what was in the book a little better.

I also spent a little time thinking about missing and damaged material.

Web Bits


A Dystopian Twist for Library E-books

Libraries Educate Today's Workforce for Tomorrow's Careers

Bozeman Resident Ready to Open Library Labyrinth to Honor Late Wife




No comments: