Thursday, August 30, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/30/2018

Cuneiform cylinder with inscription of Nebuchadnezzar II, describing the rebuilding of Ebabbar, the temple of the sun-god Shamash at Sippar, Clay, Babylonian

Cuneiform cylinder with inscription of Nebuchadnezzar II, describing the rebuilding of Ebabbar, the temple of the sun-god Shamash at Sippar, Neo-Babylonia circa 604-562 BC


Daily Thoughts 08/30/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading AIQ How People and Machines Are Smarter Together by Nick Polson and James Scott.  I read about Joe Dimaggio's hitting streak, predictions on contraceptive failure, and COMPAS which is an algorithm used to predict recidivism in sentencing.  The book was well written and easy to follow. It includes notes and an index at the end.

I spent a little more time working on Select Reads.

I watched several sessions of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy The Great Courses on Kanopy.

I am reading Crash Override How Gamergate (Nearly) Destroyed My Life, And How We Can Win the Fight Against Online Hate by Zoe Quinn.  There are plenty of internet trolls and disgruntled gamers in this book.

Web Bits


Downtown Seattle Public Library Installs Free Phones

Helping Authors Get Rights Back Through Termination Transfers

Humanoid Robot to Work as Part of Roanoke County Library Team

No comments: