Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/28/2018

Couple Seated, Woman Reading
Couple Seated, Woman Reading, 1843-1847, Robert Adamson

Daily Thoughts 08/28/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am going to a pre-application workshop for a grant from Arts Westchester this morning at 9:30 a.m. in White Plains, New York.

I finished reading Meditation Is Not What You Think Mindfulness and Why It Is So Important by Jon Kabat-Zinn.  This is a book of thoughts on meditation.  It is philosophical in nature.  It is not a book on methodologies.  The content is fairly advanced.

I went to the Arts Alive Grant Workshop at Arts Westchester.  I am planning on applying for a community workshop with several sessions.  It would focus on personal writing and journaling.
Two of my colleagues were there.

I also put up some shelf signage for the fiction room with a colleague.

I read a copy of the Times Literary Supplement.

I am also talking to someone about doing a citizenship class.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 Class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.


Web Bits

Dear Banned Author Letter Writing Campaign
http://www.ala.org/advocacy/bbooks/dear-banned-author

Public Library Advocacy Reaching Your Key Supporter Segments
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ZkKzNwmVZRKv

Voter Perceptions of Libraries Webinar

No comments: