Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/07/2018

File:Librarian's Room. Circular Mural in pendentive illustrating Books, the Delight of the Soul, by Edward J. Holslag. Library of Congress Thomas Jefferson Building, Washington, D.C. LCCN2011647682.tif
Librarian's Room. Circular Mural in pendentive illustrating Books, the Delight of the Soul, by Edward J. Holslag. Library of Congress Thomas Jefferson Building, Washington, D.C.

Daily Thoughts 08/07/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading The Librarian's Guide to Homelessness an Empathy-Driven Approach to Solving Problems, Preventing Conflict, and Serving Everyone by Ryan J. Dowd.  This book will improve customer service whether it is for homeless patrons or everyone else.  It teaches methods of interacting with people that are non-confrontational.

I read some more of Factfulness on the way to work on the train.

I checked the the gift books and the displays this morning.

I wrote my monthly report for July this morning.

I spent some time in the computer lab.

I read a copy of Booklist today.

I also spent some time working on the schedule today.

I spent some time checking the oversize books.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class in the computer lab.

Web Bits


Deerfield Library Honored for Program that Pushes Readers 'Out of Their Comfort Zone'

No comments: