Friday, August 24, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/24/2018

François Barraud Les pervenches.jpg
Francois Barraud, Les Pervenches, 1929?

Daily Thoughts 08/24/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Meditation Is Not What You Think on the way to work.

I also read some more of AIQ.  I read about Bayes's Rules as well as self driving cars.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.

A colleague finished shifting the oversize area.  I also checked some more oversize books.  We now have some space to work on a teen computer area.  There are funds for laptops and computers for a teen area.

I helped the director with the construction grant a little bit.  We had to make some adjustments today for it.

I also put in an order of books focused on comics.  I read a few more back issues of Publishers Weekly today.  I also read the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

Today was extremely busy.  I also spent some time putting schedules into ADP.

On the way home, I read a little bit of Perspectives on Creative Journaling Journal It! by Jenny Doh.  I like the pictures in this book.  It is about artistic creativity with paint, lettering, and expressive thoughts.  I looked at the pictures more than the words.

Web Bits


Technology Hasn't Killed Public Libraries-- It Has Inspired Them To Transform and Stay Relevant

Bookmobiles That Break the Mold

Democratizing Tech Education at the Brooklyn Public Library


No comments: