Friday, August 17, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/17/2018


Cover of the May 1949 issue of Fantastic Novels magazine. Fantastic Novels Volume 3 No. 1, May 1949 Cover art by Lawrence Sterne Stevens Edited by Mary Gnaedinger Contents: The Eye of Balamok - Victor Rousseau The Red Dust - Murray Leinster Devil Ritter - Max Brand

Daily Thoughts 08/17/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of the Five Love Languages.  One of the central themes in this book is that it takes many more positive interactions than negative interactions to keep people happy.

I also read some more of Social Value Investing.  I am reading about Comunitas an organization in Brazil that focuses on best practices in government.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent more time working on the Library Construction Grant.  The head of maintenance took pictures of the areas which needed repairs.  It is an interesting process.

I spent some time working on scheduling.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestsller list.

Web Bits

Do children have a right to literacy?  Attorneys are testing that question.

AI and Intelligent Communications In Knowledge Management
Librarians are getting the automation treatment.

High Tech Robot Couriers Set Efficiency In Motion at the National Library of Australia



No comments: