Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/08/2018


Le Gouter, Marie Brocquemond, 1880

Daily Thoughts 08/08/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Factfulness Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World-- and Why Things Are Better Than You Think by Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Ronnlund.  This book is about ten different logical fallacies which lead people to create stereotypes on how the world works.  It shows how in many places life for people is improving, even though we think it isn't.  It is a positive book that is hopeful for tomorrow.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

A colleague is working on the oversize books.

I spent some time looking over damaged oversize books.

I also spent some time looking at Rainbow Books lists.  The orders from the Net Lender account have come in to add to the collection.

I spent some time looking at Programming Librarian Events and Celebrations Calendar. http://programminglibrarian.org/node/338

I checked out the book, Social Value Investing A Management Framework for Effective Partnerships by Howard W. Buffett and William B. Eimecke.

Web Bits


Will Politics Make Dictionaries More Prescriptive?



No comments: