Monday, August 6, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/06/2018


Inkmaking, 19th Century, Unidentified Chinese Artist

Daily Thoughts 08/06/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Factfulness.  I am reading about how Africa is improving its economy and hopes to match the west.

I also read some more of The Librarian's Guide to Homelessness.  I am reading about various ways to get people to cooperate when they break the rules using empathetic techniques.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent some time discussing lost and missing items this morning.

I also spent some time planning for signage.

Right now, I am in the computer lab.

I have my monthly report to write.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class in the computer lab tonight.

I have a copy of Booklist to read.

I read some more of The Librarians Guide to Homelessness on the way home.  This books gives non-aggressive, positive ways to deal with a variety of issues from smell to sleeping to excessive numbers of bags.  It is empathetic, teaches communication skills and is a captivating read.

Web Bits


Blockchain for the Information Professional

Tatto Artists Ink Book Worms at Denver Library, Raising Money for Charity

Why Government Investment In Libraries is So Vital and Worthwhile

No comments: